Saturday, December 18, 2010

Welcome to JusticeinJP!

The aim of this website is to keep a sharp focus on the human rights violations occuring at the Arbour Hospital in Jamaica Plain, Boston.

Arbour has a dismal and alarming reputation for violations of patient safety, improper use of force, rude and dismissive staff, and a lack of caring. As a longtime activist for rights at psychiatric hospitals, I have heard of many truly shocking occurences at Arbour.

The most important thing that this site hopes to provide is a forum for people to tell their firsthand stories about problems at Arbour Hospital. We are planning to bring these issues to the public, but we are in need of personal stories.

That being said, I want to reassure anyone posting to this site (which is still being created), that your confidentiality will ALWAYS be respected. I will be working on the best and most secure way to contribute to this site.

I hope this is a useful site for all, and it can be a vehicle for change. The consumer/survivor community must send a strong and united message: that this is nothing short of a civil rights issue, and we cannot and will not tolerate being treated as second-class citizens. The 'Status Quo' is no longer an option.

Onward,

Jonathan Dosick
Email: JDosick@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I had a stay at arbour in 2000-2001 at the age of 16 years old. While in the care of this facility and staff I was prescribed 5-7 different anti-psycotics at once 3 times a day. That is 15-21 pills per day. This is unacceptable and a case of medical malpractice. Not only was I overmedicated but if I refused medication or showed any sort of anger i was immediatly attacked by 4 or more staff members and put either into a jacket or 8 point restraints and injected with drugs. I spent a very long time not being able to move because I said no to drugs that were not helpful. Instead the doctors and staff continued to treat me like a prisoner of war yet I did nothing to deserve it. The experiences I had at this hospital were very truamatic. They have left me scared for life.To live in a democracy means to be treated fairly not to be used and abused by the medical establishment so they can pass there drugs off to make a profit. A 16 year old child is not an opening for finacial gain and should not be treated like a lab rat.

    ReplyDelete